A favicon is a small icon that is used by some browsers to identify bookmarked Web sites. The favicon is an important part of each website. It helps in the branding process of your site or blog.
Favicons in Firefox
Using IcoFX you can create favicons for your websites or blogs.
2.Using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9 you have the option to pin web sites to the taskbar.
Pinned Website under Windows 7
In this case the favicon will be displayed on the taskbar. To make sure that you favicon will be displayed correctly make sure that it contains the following file formats:
- Recommended: 16x16, 32x32, 48x48
- Optimal: 16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 64x64
You can add all the needed image formats using the Windows Icon From Image dialog.
Windows Icon From Image Dialog
Make sure you select all the needed image formats for a favicon: 16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48, 64x64. Press the OK button to create the icon containing all the selected formats.
3. Save the icon using the favicon.ico name.
4. When you have saved your icon add the following code snippet to the head section of your website:
<link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="favicon.ico">
5. Upload the favicon.ico file in the same directory as your web page.